Thursday, March 1, 2012

Portraits in Clay # II

Additional Portraits:

Here are two additional portraits, an older portrait I did several years ago (Hooded Bob) and the finalized "Myxolodian Primacy".  "Bob" is an older porcelain, this an attempt to capture a historical figure, now lost to memory.


Is this the guy so framilar from "In a Distant Mirror"?  No telling, but here is another angle.


Enough for historical figures and now for something current, or as current as "a reinterpretation of American Gothic" can be.  This two head piece is titled, "Myxolidian Primacy" for obvious reasons.  I'm going to show several angles of this sculpture because it took me so long to create and set this scene up.  


I don't think Jo Miles wants to take credit for the black background photos, but without his camera and photographic eye, I'd be stuck with inferior shots.  Here is one of the individual heads for a close up. 


and two more photographed by Miles


And finally: 


I'd like to get this setting into a gallery, perhaps later in the year. 





No comments:

Post a Comment